A team comprising of faculty members and students of QLC Free Legal Aid Cell (FLAC) carried out a study to ascertain the areas in which legislations are required to cope with the changing needs of the society. The areas in which legislations are required were identified herein. A walk was arranged on 21st February, 03 in order to highlight the need for legislation in those areas. The walk commenced at Lahore High Court and ended up at Assembly Hall Punjab. President and office bearers of Bar Associations along with a large number of practicing lawyers, representatives of NGOs, Human Rights Activists participated in the Walk.
The attention of the Legislators was attracted to the following areas:
- Privileges for senior citizens
- Insurance against accidental deaths
- Welfare of Orphan children
- Human Rights awareness
- Legislation for fastening of seat belts
- Proposed Minimum qualification for an SHO, LL.B
- Amendments in Road Safety Act for more safety.
- Legislation for better life.
- Service oriented Legislation
- E-Banking Laws