As always, Quaid-e-Azam Law College, Lahore, has intended to encourage creative thinking and knowledge in the field of research amongst the students. This competition endeavors to achieve these goals:
- To develop and improve written communication skills and expression of critical thinking in the relevant subjects
- To raise socio-legal awareness among the students and broaden their horizons.
- To stimulate young minds to effectively utilize modern information technologies
- Students all over Pakistan will be able to compete on an equal basis with their peers on a national level.
The contestant must be a full-time student at any Graduate or postgraduate institution in Pakistan. All essays must be written in English.
Alumni and Students of Quaid-e-Azam Law College, Lahore, are not entitled to participate in the Essay Competition.
- Fair means, if possible; foul means, if necessary.
- "A Long Dispute means that both parties are wrong."
- Politics is the art of possible
- Peace is the essential message of our religion.
- Materialism is the death of spirituality.
- Higher Education as an agent of change
- The essay must be typewritten and double spaced on A4-sized white paper with numbered pages.
- The essay must contain a minimum of 2000 and a maximum of 3000 words.
- Submission of essays as E-mail attachments is encouraged.
- The essay must accompany
- The title of the essay
- A brief synopsis of the essay
- The word count of the essay
AMAZING CASH PRIZES & AWARDS
- 1st Prize: Rs. 25,000/-
- 2nd Prize: Rs. 15,000/-
- 3rd Prize: Rs. 7,000/-
- Consolation Prize: Rs. 2,500/-
- Certificates for the Entries
- Award for the college or university sending in the most entries
- Award for the college or university from which the winning entry comes
All papers must be original, unpublished, and undistributed. The committee recommends that the contestants structure their essays with a clear introduction and a conclusion summarizing the main points and the direction for further exploration. Extensive footnoting and end noting are discouraged. However, the contestants should give a select bibliography of the sources referred to in the essay.
A jury will judge an essay by its content, clarity, and originality. The quality of the analysis and the thoroughness of the research will be considered in determining its comprehensiveness. Other aspects of evaluation include coherence, style, organization, spelling, and grammatical perfection. The entries will be judged by a committee of leading law academicians, jurists, and practitioners. The committee is free to determine its own method of analyzing and judging the essays and has absolute discretion in selecting them. The DECISION of the Jury will be final, and it will determine its own method of analyzing and judging the essays.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE WINNERS
The winners will be announced through the College Authorities. Results can also be seen on the website. For any queries, please write to us at email@example.com. Submit your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The panel of adjudicators is among the exclusive faculty core of Quaid-e-Azam Law College, Lahore.